.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
Get paid To Promote 
at any Location





Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Marc Jacobs Tore His Shoulder and Needs Surgery, Can't Work Out

Mon, 05/24/10 — 11:48:32 AM(reblog from Fashionologie)

>> For a recent chat with the Financial Times's Vanessa Friedman, Marc Jacobs wore a white button-down shirt with jeans instead of his usual kilt; is his addiction to the skort waning, perhaps courtesy of his fiance Lorenzo Martone's dislike of the look? “I just didn’t feel like wearing it,” Jacobs explained.

As for his compulsive gym habit, Jacobs says he hasn’t “been able to work out at all,” due to a torn rotator cuff on his shoulder; he's having surgery in a few weeks. His predilection for purchasing art, too, has been curbed: “Actually, I haven’t bought anything for a long time. The other day I bought a little 1962 Ellsworth Kelly at the Christie’s auction, but that’s it. It was a funny thing for me to buy, too. It’s just a white square with a yellow curve. Usually I like more figurative work – this is the sort of thing I’d look at and admire but not want to buy. But I just like it . . . it makes me happy.”


Jacobs is the first to admit that he's not always happy: “I’m as tortured as ever, I see my shrink once a week, have all the same mood swings, I can sit there the night before a show and think, ‘What if they hate it? What if my life is over and I am homeless?’ I can catastrophise with the best of them . . . But I also have a certain amount of self-awareness at this point, and I recognise all those neuroses are just human. It’s why I think now I am attracted to yellow. It’s positive; it’s the optimistic choice.”

Jacobs confirms that he is not married, and adds that he wishes he was. “All the gossip makes me a little sad, sometimes, but I try not to let it affect me; I don’t want to be a guarded person.”
But on to his work: Vuitton is getting ready to open a new store on New Bond Street in London this week, and surprisingly, Jacobs hasn't seen it. “I can’t do everything, and I’m not good at everything . . . My job is to create products. The funny thing is, I just saw Peter Marino [the store architect] at a dinner the art dealer Larry Gagosian gave for Richard Prince, and people were asking if I chose him for Vuitton, and I said I had nothing to do with it! We see each other socially, and we both work for the house [Vuitton] but we don’t work together.”
And he hints at the upcoming Vuitton Fall 2010 campaign, featuring Christy Turlington, Karen Elson and Natalia Vodianova. All three are “in a dressing room, looking gorgeous. This is what I wanted for this season: nothing tricky, nothing too fashion, just gorgeous; the kind of clothes non-fashion people like.”

No comments:

Post a Comment